LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
Administration of the dispatch process through the exercise of specific skills and independent judgment relating to daily operations and company requirements. Demonstration of critical thinking by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to new or existing issues in daily operations.
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(This is a representative list of the duties required of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
• Constantly and consistently communicates with the customer to ensure accurate planning, scheduling, and resolution of all customer requirements and concerns in a professional, accurate and expeditious manner.
• Communicates with the customer to ensure awareness of all pick-up and/or delivery times and special instructions.
• Communicates with drivers and Site Supervisors to ensure awareness of all pick-up and/or delivery times and special instructions.
• Communicates to the Terminal Managers status reports for driver issues, customer issues, and daily workloads.
• Plans, evaluates, and monitors driver schedules and hours of service to ensure DOT compliance and workload balance.
• Assesses, determines and communicates need for driver reassignments in case of delays, detention, breakdowns or interruptions to service.
• Prepares daily work and run schedules.
• Monitors location of drivers and unit locations through use of computerized GPS satellite system.
• Minimum two years’ experience in transportation dispatch and customer service required.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem resolution and communication skills required.
• Excellent skills in independent judgment and decision-making while considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to the customer and to the company.
• Ability to effectively manage time, solve problems and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment under strict timeframes.
• Ability to compile and interpret data.
• Ability to act independently and with minimal supervision in making workload and allocation decisions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel; keyboarding and typing skills required.
• Ability to use company-provided cell phones, I-phones and computers to communicate with customers, drivers, Site Supervisors, and other co-workers and managers.
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work different shifts, including weekends on a rotating schedule as needed, to cover hours of normal operation.
High School/GED Diploma
Location: Monahans/West Texas
Overview: Vista Proppants & Logistics employs approximately 600 people and operates sand storage and transloading facilities at 9 locations as well as a fleet of 150 trucks utilizes pneumatic & hopper trailers to haul frac sand from storage facilities to active well sites in support of energy providers' effort to extract oil and gas from U.S. Shale plays through the hydraulic fracturing process. For more information, please visit http://www.vprop.com to apply.
Vista Proppants & Logistics Trucking Division is seeking a DOT Safety Specialist based in Ft Worth, with travel to Dilley and West Texas.
This position will be responsible for conducting Oil & Gas well pad audits, DOT Compliance inspections, safety meetings and safety training. This position will be the primary field investigator for all injuries, incidents & accidents in Ft Worth and Dilley. This position will serve as a Safety Specialist for all areas of our operation as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Location: Enid, OK, Gonzales, TX, Pecos, TX and West Texas
This Equipment Operator is responsible of operating machine to load and unload trucks and trains.
All drivers must be available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Provides clerical support necessary in production of all Maalt LP & VPROP sites.
TASKS & DUTIES:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, type, and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
Minimal errors in system. All items have been applied correct with correct information
Entry is done in a timely manner daily to allow time for reporting to be sent to customer
Discrepancies are reported in a timely manner so that they may be reviewed quickly
Customers are satisfied with information provided to them.